Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Winter Walks

© 2011 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

I came across this image in my files today and it reminded me of the late afternoon winter walks I used to make when living up north. I miss the biting chill of the air and the wonderful scent of burning wood. Trees are especially beautiful in winter when they've shed all their leaves and stand naked against the sky. Some trees have so much more personality in winter. There was a beautiful Japanese tree in Park Bertrand close to where I lived in Geneva. The branches draped and twisted in such an unusual way. I miss the mountains of Switzerland this winter too. It's 80 degrees in Florida today. Quite a contrast to my dreams of snow, cold, wood and mountains. Floridian life is hard to beat though. The weather is so agreeable this time of year. So gentle and kind. So, as much as I long for the cool snowy days of winter, I happily settle for the glorious weather in Florida.

No comments: