Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Madness


© 2009 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

I have always admired people who shop for Christmas all year round. It's such a civilized way to approach the commercial end of the holidays. It allows one to choose gifts with time and thoughtfulness. If you find yourself, as I often do running around at the last minute, it takes away from the joy of being with family and friends without fatigue. My problem is I can't seem to get into the holiday spirit  until the weather turns cold and the date draws near. It's similar to people who shop early for the seasonal change of clothes. I never could manage that one either, which is very funny since I was in the fashion business which runs way ahead of everyone else season wise. How do people manage holiday shopping in warm climates? I suppose its what one is used to. I'd probably be a disaster. Well, then again, maybe not!

The image above and the image below were taken at Rockefeller Center with the tree, the flags and the wind whipping everything about. New York is such a wonderful place to be for the holidays. We won't make it there this year. I wish everyone much success with their Christmas Holiday shopping. It's champagne and family in Switzerland for us tonight. Bon appetit!

No comments: