Saturday, December 12, 2009

Water Color on Paper

© 2009 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

© 2009 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

A friend of mine asked me to put up these water colors. I did them in 2008 in the winter when I was probably thinking of spring. My friend and I were discussing how when you feel stuck in any medium its good to switch gears and play around with something else. I really enjoy doing small works of art on paper or small canvases. It allows me to work on several at one time easily. I have always enjoyed doing things with my hands. I suppose that's why I enjoyed working with clothing. When I was designing clothing I utilized a lot of artistic techniques including applique, patchwork, embroidery, lace, beadwork and transfers. I think the important thing is not to be serious at all when you switch gears. Totally experiment. Use colors you don't like, brushes you've never used before, odd surfaces, you get the idea.

No comments: