Friday, April 30, 2010

Fruit


© 2010 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

I was passing the local grocer in my neighborhood here in Geneva when I was struck by the beauty of the display of their fruit. There is something so lovely about the care that goes into the display, the contact of the grocer with his clientele and their conversation about the joy and pleasure of food that always impresses me. This intimacy and human contact must impact the pleasure of eating and consuming. I'm happy about the new trend in the US that encourages people to buy from local growers whether living in the city or in the country. The power and corruption of the mass chains, big farms, the food production machine of the US, has reined supreme for far too long. I really applaud the courageous people involved in the movement of exposing the complex corruption and ultimate poisoning of Americans in the race for corporate profits.

No comments: