Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Preparation


© 2010 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

© 2010 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

© 2010 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

Easter is such a happy time as it heralds in the spring with its vibrant colors and pungent floral scents. I must admit, I still love to color Easter eggs, just as I did as a child. There is something about all those deep colors. Dipping the egg in red then blue. Watching colorful transformations take place. I am partial to the royal blue and aqua green. Then again, the reds, purples and pinks aren't bad either. One can apply all kinds of resists with crayons, markers etc., such fun. I haven't met one child who doesn't enjoy this process.

We couldn't be living in a better place for the Easter chocolate. Switzerland has a copious number of fine chocolatiers. My favorite are the orange rinds dipped in chocolate. My husband likes chocolate truffles. There is a delicious white wine I like from the Loire Valley of France called Sancerre. We will have that with our various Easter goodies. Switzerland also has a very delicious selection of hams and smoked meats. If you're a vegetarian I guess you'd pass on these. We can't forget the bread. Last night we had the most wonderful prosciutto with olive bread and a local white wine. You can really enjoy everything as long as you eat in moderation. Bon appetit!

No comments: