Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tea Time

© 2010 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.


Yesterday was such a lovely day here in Geneva. Temperatures of about 15 degrees C. or 60 degrees F. Simply beautiful. I made myself an ice tea with strawberries and lemon. I situated myself out on the terrace. The view is very agreeable as you look across the town to the distant Jura mountains. The mountains are still snow capped but I don't think that will last much longer. I was jotting down thoughts concerning my photography and art work. It's important to just stop from time to time and take stock. Rewarding or disturbing as that may be. I asked myself, what do I want for the work and for myself? What do I expect? What am I trying to say? What do I want to put forth? These are just a few of the many questions that were rolling around in my brain. I sometimes feel there is such a gap between the cerebral aspect of the work and the impulse to create. They do go hand and hand but not at the same time. At least, not for me. Does the thought precede the work or the work precede the thought? Sometimes one way and I suppose sometimes the other.

No comments: