Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Nostalgia


© 2010 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

I came across this photo today as I was organizing my files. It's an old image. I made it when I was experimenting with collage. Somehow it appealed to me today and I decided to share it. The sweet little moth came from my garden. The feather I found on the beach and the leaf I can't remember. All assembled in the US. The image has a sense of nostalgia and that's how I'm feeling. It's cold here in Geneva today. Certainly not the promise of spring. There is a radio station here called Nostalgie, which means nostalgic in french, and I've been listening to it all day. They play rock 'n' roll interspersed with romantic French songs and ballads. Some of it is simply beautiful but tugs at the heart strings. I miss the States. Europe is beautiful and Switzerland is "uniquely" centrally located. That means you can hop to the south of France in 3-4 hours by car, Paris 3 hours by the TGV train, London an hour or two (depending on traffic) by plane, Milan 3 hours by car, I think you get the idea. But, alas, today I miss the US.

No comments: