Sunday, February 6, 2011

Jelly Fish and Sharks


© 2011 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

Today, in the water of the intracoastal here in Delray Beach, there was this very unusual little creature floating in the water. My niece and nephew were with me. They recently stayed at the Breakers in Palm Beach and said there were lots of these little sea creatures floating ashore there. They told me they are very poisonous jelly fish. If you pop them open (which isn't particularly easy to do) and any of their interior gelatinous material gets on you, one must immediately go to the hospital. I was also told that they are baby man o war jelly fish and to be extremely careful when near them. To make things even more exciting the kids also told me about the shark migration which is going on presently right off the shore here in Palm Beach County. In the video below you will see a helicopter and then the dark specs below in the water are the sharks. The numbers are staggering. No swimming for me for a while.


No comments: