Thursday, May 21, 2009

Why People Photograph

© 2009 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

I often think of something I read that Robert Adams wrote in his book Why People Photograph, "If I like many photographers, and I do, I account for this by noting a quality they share-animation. They may or may not make a living by photography, but they are alive by it." I think many photographers, if not all, can relate to this quote. I don't think that human beings consciously think about wanting to feel alive, but they do search for passion. Passion equates into a lust for life and the sheer joy of being in that state. In the act of creativity you feel something, you have an idea, something unique to you and to be able to capture that through your photography, your work, is exhilarating, inspiring and stimulating.

2 comments:

Alex Gesar said...

i love this photo

Jennifer Appel said...

that Tulip piece is GORGEOUS!!!!! how did you do that? Is that mixed media? I love that. Just LOVE it!!