Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New York Summer Season

© 2009 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

The summer season has officially begun here in New York. It's a wonderful time. It's made especially so because we are surrounded by beaches and mountains aren't that far away. May is a beautiful month. Blossoms and fragrant smells abound with warm sunny days and cool breezy evenings. Nature has begun to flex her muscles and demonstrate her awesome powers of creation, birth and growth. We experienced such a cold snowy winter this year, spring is especially welcome. I'm reminded of a lovely passage in a book by Susan Hanson called Icons of Loss and Grace, Moments from the Natural World, " Listening to the song of these swimmers on a sunny afternoon, I imagine how such lightness would feel, how such a letting go might lift a heavy spirit turned without forgiveness on itself. Leaning into the curve of the tree, I imagine the mercy of the world consoling and supporting me. I imagine the river and me in it, and the water bearing me away on a current of sweet unfathomable peace."

No comments: