Friday, November 6, 2009

Snow on the Jura Mountains

© 2009 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

We woke this morning to snow on the Jura Mountains. Winter is imminent now. Geneva is surrounded by mountains. You have the Alps on one side and the lower Jura mountains on the other. The Jura lie mostly in Switzerland but a good part of the western sector lies in France. The mountains above are the view from my flat here in Geneva but they actually are in France. The highest peaks of the Jura are in the south, in the Geneva area and include Cret de la Neige at 5,636 feet and Le Reculet at 5,633 feet, both in France. If you are a skiier Geneva is a wonderful place to live. In a half hour to 45 minutes you can find yourself in an ideal place to have a run. I remember the first time we drove up a local mountain side and just pulled the car over to the side of the road, parked and took the lift right up. No fuss, no lines, pure joy, amazing. Especially wonderful if you have small kids. So easy.

© 2009 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

It's that time of year when I promise myself to do "winter projects". I always imagine extra time to do things not yet done. You know, all those either personal or artistic ideas that have been floating around in your brain. Yet somehow it remains elusive to me. Each year I'm just as busy as I always am. I think one should try to make space all year long for experimentation and personal projects. Experimentation and personal projects are fun, and after all, we all need fun!

1 comment: