Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Victoria's Electronic Life

© 2011 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

I can't really, fully, comprehend what life so totally attached to electronics must be like. This is my daughter Victoria who can't seem to separate herself from her phone even when dead tired. Here she is on vacation glued to her phone. If it's not the phone, its the computer. If its not the computer, its her ipod. The phone rings during dinner and she jumps. I'm sure as parents we have all set our limits on this and more. It's not that I don't make use of the exact same technology myself, but I do remember when we were not all so dependent upon it. My father commented to me how he had seen the movie All the Presidents Men recently and he was struck by the fact that not one desk had a computer on it. That might seem like a long time ago to you but it sure wasn't to him. Where will all this take our children? They will grow to become so vulnerable if we all aren't already.

No comments: