Monday, April 4, 2011

Roses and Sharks

© 2011 Constance Hobbs. All rights reserved.

I've been told that roses are very hard to grow in Florida. Well, at least as far south as Palm Beach County. Bummer. I was really looking forward to giving that a go. I think I will give it a try anyway. I'm anxious to try orchids for their exotic appeal. It has started to get hot here in Florida. In June we will have been here for one entire year. A complete cycle of seasons. I once thought the seasons went from hot to less hot, but there are more subtle variations then that. I'm still very happy living here. Although I do get disturbed when they close the beaches because of the sharks. That happened this past weekend. I'm not sure if its the time of year or shark migration but there are a little too many of them for my taste.

No comments: